The main objective of Steaua Romana refinery is to continuously improve its activity and to initiate an investment program in order to enhance competitiveness.
- The specific objectives aim to:
- increase the utilization rate of the production capacity
- diversify the range of raw materials and of processing output
- reduce the specific consumption of water, energy and fuels
- improve the product quality
- diminish the environmental impact
- The strategy of Steaua Romana refinery takes into account the following:
- to increase the processing flexibility by means of a new modern unit for medium distillates and oils hydro-treatment
- to preserve the capacity of crude oil processing through the modernization of the atmospheric distillation installation and the rehabilitation of the vacuum distillation and oil dewaxing sector.